Friday, August 22, 2008

An Old Young Womans Leader

As I have a facebook account Kami Tyler added me and I saw through her blog that a leader had passed away three weeks ago. Kathy Dorius was a GREAT leader when I just started young womans. Her son Josh and I were in every Primary Class together and Sunday school class. As we hit High school Josh and I became friends since I was the one that would get teased in Primary. It didn't bother me I just let them. I loved Kathy so much. I remember in high school though I saw there house go up for sale and Just about died. Thinking "where are they going, why are they moving, they can't move I love them, I will never see them". Then I was married right out of High school (which I love), my parents ended up moving not too long after that and as I had thought I would never see the Dorius again. I now missed the funeral for a Great lady that helped me into the transition to Young Womens. I will always love you Kathy and Miss you! May the lord Bless there Family through this tuff time.

4 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

What a nice post, Heather! I am going to tell Amanda and my mom, I am sure they would love to read this.

Take Care.

Debbie said...

Heather, I loved what you wrote. I miss Kathy so much. She was a gentle soul, wasn't she? How are you doing? I remember seeing you recently - your kids are so cute. Hope to see you again.

amanda said...

Hey Heather,
This is Kathy's daughter Amanda. That was such a nice post you did in honor of my mom. Of course I loved her but it is so neat to read how others felt about her. I truly appreciate your kind words.
Thank you!!

Dawn said...

Heather,
I don't know if you know me but I am Kathy's daughter, Dawn.
I just wanted to thank you for taking time to remember my mom. She was a wonderful lady. We love hearing from the people whose lives she touched. Your words mean a lot to our family right now as we miss her dearly.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Dawn Dorius Hall