Saturday, May 16, 2009

Arches and a Race!

For Mother's Day I decided it would be fun to go hike Delicate Arch with the kids. Last time I did this I was probably 60 lbs more and I carried Lilly on my back. This time I had Dallyn on my back and it was sure fun! Bryson and Lilly did Awesome especially since we did Towers arch (3.4 miles) after Delicate (3.0 miles) I couldn't have been prouder of my 2 hikers!
I actually think I was having a harder time then them on the way back from Towers! Towers said it was moderately difficult and I though on the map it said the same difficultly as Delicate but I was wrong! There Moderately difficult was hard. I would be scared to see what there difficult would be! Towers was seriously like rock climbing up then you go down and down and down, then up and up and up through THICK sand! it was a gorgeous arch though and worth it. But after you see it you have to go down through the sand which wasn't bad but then back UP the massive long hill and then rock climb down! But it was sure fun and I recommend it but I don't think with a infant in a backpack and doing delicate the same day!
We made it back to the CAR after both hikes exhausted!
We then went back to the camp ground and the kids looked for catapillars. I think that was the highlight of there trip! I think they brought home around 15 of them and put them in their butterfly cage since about half started caccuns. I will say that I think 5 died and the rest are in the cacuuns. We will see if they work and if they are butterflys or moths! Then Today I ran in my first race! This was a big deal for me as it may not be for some. As for me loosing 100 + lbs and then running straight for a 5K and running all the miles in 11 minutes was big! I swear I would get a doctor note in 6th grade so I didn't have to run the timed mile. I think I ended up still running it and it was somewhere around 16-17 minutes and then I remember running it in 9th grade with the same time! 11 minutes is excellent and I couldn't have been happier! I think the next is doing a triathalon in June and then Maybe the 10 K in July! I think the races and stuff become addicting but hey if they are addicting then you stay in shape..... thats my thinking!

This is my niece, nephew, brother-in-law and nieces friend before the race
Me after the race!
Before the race started though I saw a larger guy but also with an amutaed leg and I was like "are you serious that guy is going to do the race, more power to him!" What an inspiration thats forsure! I was done and going to the car and then there was a bunch of people walking the last leg with him, cheering him on and I joined on! My hat goes off to him and if he can do it ANYBODY can do anything if they want too!
Thats really thats been going on with us, Daddy starts school again and Bryson is almost done with kindergarten and goes into first grade, Lilly is done end of june and then she starts kindergarten! I can't wait to have them on the same track that will be so nice! Hope everyone is having a Great may!

2 comments:

watergirl said...

Congrats! Sounds like you are doing awesome!

buchanancasa said...

Way to go! Races ARE so addictive, and fun to do with friends. You are awesome.