A friend of mine posted this on her blog and hope she doesn't get mad I copied her. But it was totally true as we are going through this stressful time right now with the selling of our house, trying to find another one, Daddy stll in school (has a final due in August and a hole class due by sept), the 2 older kids starting school, and a happy thing a NEW puppy middle of August! So there is alot on our plates and we are just stressed cause we didn't expect it this fast. But here is the poem!
Footprints in the Sand
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?”
The Lord replied,
“The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the
sand,
is when I carried you.”
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?”
The Lord replied,
“The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the
sand,
is when I carried you.”
1 comments:
I love that poem! thanks for posting it, it's good to read it again.
i've been meaning to come down & visit with you & see how it's going. i've had a lot on my plate as well. your moving is bitter-sweet. i'm happy for your family but sad to lose such awesome neighbors. i pray that things work out for you & you find the home you are looking for. let me know if you need any help with anything.
Post a Comment