As some of you have known we went to St. George for Daddy's birthday! We had a excellent time until we were coming home! We did a little hike and even got a family picture by putting the camera on a rock, went to see Santa, and TONS of swimming!
We also found this park in Coral Canyon that was totally Unbelievable, everything that a kid could ever want to play with. I wish we had parks like that! All the kids just loved it!
But Saturday when were were suppose to just drive home would have been 4 hour drive right, wrong! Daddy decided "oh lets go over to Glen Canyon Dam" (lake powell) show the kids. I said "no its suppose to snow and we will get stuck in a blizzard," but he won. Well in Hurricane he took a wrong turn, we ended up at Colorado City! We finally made it to the Damm and looked at it. Seeing that they no longer let you walk out on it and the last tour was at 3 (seeing it was 4), Daddy was disappointed that we drove that far!
As we left, we made it to Knab then on Highway 89 there was no warning at all, it was white out! BLIZZARD! All we could do is pray it was Scary! So half the way to Bryce we followed a semi truck and wow were we thankful. We were so scared and he ended up passing us so we could follow him! He pulled off and another semi took the lead, then a mini van, then us. Well the semi and the van were GONE in 5 seconds. We were left in the dust! We made it about 5 miles to the boys ranch by ourselves and there was a car in a ditch. Daddy pulled off to make sure they were ok and they were. But after praying there was MR. SEMI our friend again! We were able to follow him to Panguitch!
We thought about staying in Panguitch but I have something about little motels. One we went too was on top of the gas station. I said no my kids aren't sleeping there. THe other was the guys house and their kids running all over! So we ate dinner and it stopped snowing and we thought we could make it home! Off we were to head into the canyon again. One guy said take 89 all the way. HAHA yea right. Daddy decided to take Highway 20. It is a little road that is 8500 feet elevation! We were the only ones on it. 8% decline going down the hill. I kept looking at the miles and counting down. Ok we did 18 so 2 more. We made it out. Made it to Beaver and thought "ok we can stay in a bigger hotel there. Well the roads were ok so lets keep going". 3 miles out of Beaver I-15 was HORRIBLE with ice! So we made it to fillmore and thought "we should stay but the roads were clear and wasn't snowing". Funny again! BLIZZARD 2 came our way! Couldn't see a thing luckly it wasn't as bad as the first blizzard. We made it through the first one we can make it through anything and we did! We made it home finally after 13 HOURS IN THE CAR which was supposed to be 4 hours RIGHT.. Well it was for daddy's birthdya and he wanted an andventure and we sure got one!
Now, after that adventure I am better about driving in the snow but I have to admit, The roads up here are nasty! That little tiny road I-20 that was covered was so much better then the roads up here! We haven't figured out why but maybe cuase it as fresh snow and now all slush with a zillion cars. Don't know but its weird! We just know that we can make it through anything!
Next the snow this week. My kids have been out all week loving it and having fun with our hill in the backyard. Today we went bowling with daddy's parents the kids were so excited and of course my camera died I was so made! It was alot of fun and the kids loved it! Bryson wants to do a bowling clinic for the kids that go off track in jan. We will have to do somethign seeing he is off for 6 weeks hopefully I can make it :)
Thats has what has been going on at our house. Just playing, a little girl doing her hair, little Boy playing in tupperware and walking all over the place, and building snowmen. What else are we suppose to do with all this snow. Now the kids are all excited for christmas. Bryson keeps asking Santa for green bike that has steering AKA The Green Machine, Lilly wants a Doll and Doll crib, and Bryson and Lilly say Dallyn wants Diapers. How fun for the poor baby!

*** We will be going private eventually. I am trying out the tracking before we go private. I still have all your emails :)
*** We will be going private eventually. I am trying out the tracking before we go private. I still have all your emails :)
2 comments:
That's a great snowman! And it sounds like St. George was an adventure! See you at the Christmas Eve party tomorrow night!
Cute family pic
Post a Comment