Monday, March 30, 2009

Disneyland

Mommy and Daddy were able to go to Disneyland for Mommy's birthday. We figured it all out and since I basically received birthday money it was basically paid especially since you get in for FREE on your birthday. Daddy's mom watched the kids Wednesday night, Thursday and half of Friday! She was asking us on Wednesday night when you guys leaving, "I said oh about 3". Well the storm was coming in and so we ended up leaving around 11:45. The rain was bad all the way past Scipio. But we made it. We got to Disney around 9 but couldn't check in till 2, we we went to breakfast and drove more and TRIED to find the beach.... We got lost and of course Daddy didn't bring a map. LOL.
Somehow between then I got really sick with that nasty cold that has been going around. So after we checked in I crashed for about an hour. Then we decided to go find a chili's (gift card and it was free) well WE drove the wrong way on on the road I swear like 25 miles. When it was the opposite way of 2.5 miles! After dinner I was going nuts of sitting in the car all night and day and not being able to walk around or work out, I said we have to go to downtown and walk around! So we were there till about 11:30 (I only had 3 hours of sleep in 48 hours).
Off to Disney at 7:00 to buy Daddy's ticket and turn in my free one. We were on rides right away and they were fun. I DID NOT like space mountain. I hid my face the whole time. I think my favorites were Indiana Jones, and then Big thunder mountain. We went on that one i think 3 times. Of course we had to hit the characters that were out. Disneyland also just started the Block party Parade on Friday also. It was fun to watch but wow lots of people again. Daddy got a good movie of Pooh Bear Jamming! The kids loved that video. We watched the firework show and then decided to TRY to go on the roller coaster again but it was broken. SO trying to get somewhere was a nightmare... I heard one guy say "you would think this is like a fire hazard" with all the people EVERYWHERE. you couldn't even walk and strollers hitting your feet! I was done then. We were out of the park by 10:30 and went to the shop in dowtown Disney and it was EMPTY.



We then were going to drive home on Saturday and stay in Vegas but I called to check in on the kids. Lilly had a fever of 102 and Bryson had a persistent cough . So there was our answer to just drive home. As we hit the canyon between Mesquite and St. George I called to tell my sister we would be home around 12:30, she said she was bandaging up Lilly cause her son turned on the treadmill, Bryson hit the speed 5 and Lilly fell and burned her chest. Least it wasn't anything worse and she was ok just has band aids.
We had fun in Disney and it was fun to get away from the kids whether we were just in the car or on rides. Missed them so much and am glad to be home. Now wish I can take them to Disney!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

What a fun trip! We are thinking about going on a trip before the twins come! Makes me nervous to leave the kids!

RaCeNMoMmY said...

really all that matters is the break. it does you all good. my parents took our kids over night & what a difference even that made. sounds like you had a great trip & a happy b-day!=)